The Slipper Box is an online business based in England with a registered office at 1 Vestry Court, Street, United Kingdom, BA16 0HY. This Privacy Notice is issued on behalf of The Slipper Box so when we mention The Slipper Box, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice, we are responsible for processing your data. When you purchase from us, you’ll share some information with us. We want to be transparent about the information we collect, how we use it, who we share it with and the choices we give you to control, access and update your information. For the purposes of data protection legislation, we are the data controller of your personal data.
Your Personal Information We Collect & Process
Your information is collected by us, only if you've purchased items from this website. We will collect your email address, telephone number, postal address and your full name, including your title.
In addition, we collect certain information automatically. This helps us administer, protect, and improve the services that we provide.
Here are some examples of the information that we collect automatically from your device:
- Attributes such as the operating system and hardware version.
- Browser type and IP address.
- Details about how you’ve engaged with us.
- Device information, such as web browser type and language.
- Access times.
- Pages viewed.
- Identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your information in several different ways. Below we give further detail, showing what we collect and why we collect it.
Name and Contact details.
To: Fulfil your order, contact you about your order and send you relevant information on the basis of a legitimate interest in our other products.
To: Take payments and refunds. (We do not store your payment information. This is controlled by our payment providers who are PCI compliant.
To: Improve our website and services.
To: Provide customer service and support.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We aim not to share your personal data with anyone, other than ourselves. However, sometimes we are required to do so and have laid out the examples below.
- Companies that get your order to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses, and delivery companies.
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal information
We will hold on to your information for as long as is needed to be able to provide the services to you. We also keep your personal information on file, if necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions.
Your Information, Your Control.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have several important rights available to you. Those include rights to:
- Be informed about how your personal information is being used.
- Access the personal information we hold about you.
- Request that we transfer elements of your data to another service provider.
- Request us to correct any mistakes in the information which we hold.
- Request the deletion of personal information concerning you in certain situations.
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us.
- Stop any direct marketing.
- Object to the processing of your personal data.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please: write to us at Ashcroft House, 1A Bath Road, Ashcott, Somerset TA7 9QT.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month and in this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Keeping Your Information Secure
Your privacy and security are extremely important to us. All information sent to us online is secure and encrypted using 256-bit encryption technology and we don't store any credit/debit card information.
You can tell whether a page is secure as 'https' will replace the 'http' at the front of our domain URL in your browser address window. A small locked padlock will also appear.
Card transactions are handled by a secure company which allows business or individuals to send and receive payment online. They are fully Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliant and when you purchase with us your card details are not shared with us.
Finally, we have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.